Event, partnership and Public Affair manager
EDFA, European Digital Finance Association is an European non-profit association active in the European Union with the sole purpose to see a new digital financial world thrive thanks to innovation.
Our independent and non-profit organisation’s main missions are to:
○ PROMOTE – actively and tangibly promote
the Digital Finance in the EU
○ DIALOGUE – we are the SPOC for our members towards the regulators and other
○ SHARE – we make the magic happen by sharing information, experience and
knowledge within and out of our community
We plan to organise +/- 10 events / year.
Are you dreaming of fully taking care of the event organisation of a dynamic non-profit association supporting start-ups involved in the digitalisation of finance? From planning, to managing suppliers, speakers, communication and participants, you will be responsible for the success of all our events. On top of that, would you like to have the opportunity to find, negotiate and take care of the partners that will make these events possible? Additionally, you will be responsible for helping us prepare policy statements, positions and papers and communicating with relevant stakeholders on the EU and national level. EDFA has got the job you need!
will include, but not be limited to the following:
● Create and roll-out a retro-planning with the content Manager
● Manage budget
● Find venues and liaise with hosts
● Find, Organise, negotiate and follow-up with supplier to make up to standards either
hybrid, digital or physical events (and make sure catering is up to standards)
● Ensure venue fulfils all technical requirements and logistical needs
● (Find, negotiate and follow-up with suppliers)
● Search for and liaise with speakers (registrations, test call, ppts, schedule, …)
● Ensure success of ticket sales with FTBE’s communication manager
● Customer service for attendees
● Onsite management (team, suppliers, attendees, speakers, host and crisis management)
● Create and roll out participants satisfaction surveys
● Follow-up with potential partners to convince them to join FTBE
● Be the contact for our members/partners and leads at our hub, FIRe (Silversquare) and
run day-to-day actions/events there
● Collect policy inputs from our members and drafting documents
● Help our members meet deadline for policy contributions
● Monitor policy consultations, events and other relevant policy information.
We are looking for a multi-tasking, stress-resistant, dynamic and resourceful person, a team player who likes responsibilities as well as learning, who can work independently as well, organised/structured with good people skills, with a techie-side. Bachelor/Master in PA, PR, advertising, event management, tourism. Knowledge of the FinTech / Financial industry / Startup environment is a plus.
● Highly organised and structured with an analytical eye
● Proactive (entrepreneurial) spirit / independent
● Creative problem solver / Solution focus
● Must have a great positive attitude and a desire to learn
● Tech/computer-savvy (Microsoft suite, Trello, Slack, …)
● Curious and excited to learn about FinTech & Digital Finance
● Fluent in English.
We are offering a half-time paid intern position at flexible hours in an international environment.
If you are interested, please send your CV to [email protected] by April 30, 2021. or get in contact with BFA with a mail to [email protected]