- In 2022, there are 156 FinTech companies in Bulgaria
- The FinTech personnel hit an all-time high of 11,862 in 2021. With an average 14% increase per year
- Despite the pandemic, the total and operating revenues of the industry are increasing and peaked at, respectively, BGN 1.8 billion and BGN 1.55 billion in 2021.
- BFA survey 2021 shows that 44% of all employed in FinTech in Bulgaria are women
- In 2021, BFA’s FinTech educational initiatives reached more than 300 people and attracted 80+ participants to the FinTech hackathon
- In the last two years, BGN 10+ million has been invested in Bulgarian FinTech SMEs. equals to 1/5 of all Bulgarian VC investments in 2021
- Free download of the report: https://bit.ly/Annual_FinTech_Report_2022
Annual FinTech Report 2022
For a fourth consecutive year, the Bulgarian Fintech Association (BFA) publishes an Annual Fintech Report which marks the achievements of the digital finance industry in the country and region of Southeastern Europe. Once again, this year the Report is a collaboration between BFA and more than 15 private and public key FinTech stakeholders in the area, including the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Bulgaria, the Financial Supervision Commission of Bulgaria, the European Commission, Innovative Sofia, Sofia University “St.Kliment Ohridski”, VUZF University, Mastercard, Nexo, Paysafe, Paysera, and many more.
Bulgaria’s FinTech Mapping 2022
The FinTech Mapping is a visual representation of the FinTech industry in Bulgaria. Similar to the last year, Mapping was created in partnership with Innovative Sofia, who contributed to the design of this FinTech panorama. BFA’s data encompasses more than 95% of the industry in the country and all interested in the development of the sector parties, including the Entrepreneurial ecosystem, Regulators, FinTech supporting companies, etc.